Below are the current job openings for positions across all three of the divisions. To apply, click the link below and fill out the necessary information. We will contact you to set up an in-person meeting.
South Central Tennessee Railroad - Dickson, TN
Conductor/Engineer & Track Worker
The South Central Tennessee Railroad is a freight railroad operating primarily in Dickson, TN. We service the Dickson industrial Park and interchange with the CSX railroad.
- Observance of Operating and Safety Procedures
- These duties include coupling and uncoupling of railcars. Lining track switches
- Working with Facility/Plant personnel on coordinating railcar moves
- Operating switch engine
- Track Maintenance such as replacing ties and rail
- No prior railroad knowledge is needed. Training will be provided.
- CDL preferred or ability to obtain a CDL within 90 days of starting the position
- Required to work outdoors all year long
- Available to work daily overtime if needed, weekends and holidays included
- Ability to lift heavy objects
- Ability to comprehend switch moves with railcar numbers
- Must demonstrate vision and hearing abilities relevant to performing duties, safely
- Must be punctual
- Good attendance record
If you do not see a current job available that matches what you are looking for, please return to the general inquiries page and fill out the form. We will contact you if there is a need in the future.